Wednesday, April 13, 2016

March Book Haul

Hi again,

So while discussing with my niece Taneika what things I should post to my new revamped blog ... she suggested I do a Book Haul (seeing as I seem to be purchasing just as many books as her!!) Now Tinny does a video book haul on her YouTube channel Flipping Through Pages- but nope not getting me to do that, so I thought I would just post a pic and show you what I have acquired :-)


Just a few there (whoops) ... so what do we have? ... starting left to right the top two are a bit dark

Dangerous Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Dangerous Deception - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I really enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures Books, so when I saw these in Big W just had to grab!!

Everneath, Everbound and Evertrue - Brodi Ashton

These were all recommended by Taneika and when Book Depository give you a discout - well its a must have!! 

The Intern and Faking It - Gabrielle Tozer

Both very enjoyable and an Australian Author for our 2016 Book Challenge (See separate page ^^)

The Selection Series and Happily Ever After - Kiera Cass

So we had been watching The Bachelor (guilty pleasure!!) and Tinny was talking about this series and how I MUST read it ... again Book Depository and their discount!! Seriously!!!

Damaged - Cathy Glass
The Sky Isn't Visable From Here - Felicia C. Sullivan
All of Me - Kim Noble
Waiting to be Heard - Amanda Knox

I love reading books based on or true stories. These came up on the Buy and Sell pages and I think I got them for, like, $2 each!!

FirstLife - Gena Showalter 

I liked the cover for this one and also the storyline, when I got it home and showed Taneika she squealed!! - Sign of a good choice!

The Girl Who Just Appeared - Jonathan Harvey

The Guardian Angel's Journal - Carolyn Jess-Cooke
Red Rose, White Rose Joanna Hickson
The Atlas of Us - Tracy Buchanan

Again, I blame the Book Depository!! 50% off sale and all of these titles intrigued me.

The Darkest Minds, Never Fade, In the Afterlight - Alexandra Braken

I have already read The Darkest Minds a couple years ago and never knew that there were two other books. When I discovered them I went searching for matching covers to my copy - but nope!! So I ended up getting all three, Taneika had seen them at the Big W near her work, so trotted down and found them! Now they were hidden behind some other books!! So whoever was hiding them to come back and grab them later ... sorry!! :-) PLUS I won a $50 voucher at work - so what better thing to spend it on :-)

All These Perfect Strangers - Aoife Clifford

This one I have picked up and put down several times, so finally grabbed it .

and finally ...

Missing, Presumed - Susie Steiner

Again another book that just grabbed me.

I've been really getting in to reading again this year, doesn't help that Tinny is living with us and we basically discuss books!! (love ya Tinny) We are doing a 2016 Reading Challenge, and I am creating a separate page to list the books and categories of what I have read - so that will appear on the Navigation Bar ^^ and will be updated as I get through my challenges. 

If you got to the end of this post, thanks for reading, and I hope to see you back soon.

Till Next Time...

1 comments:

  1. YAY! What a fantastic haul :) I personally don't think there's any problem with buying books (especially if they're as cheap as you got yours!) PLUS I am definitely going to borrow The Intern and Firstlife from you as I realllyyyyy want to read them :) (might need to get my own library card soon hehe)

    AMAZING first ever haul <3 I loved reading your little comments about how you came to acquire each book :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)