Saturday, January 16, 2010

Inspired by Gadget!!

Yep!! We were babysitting our GrandKitten last Saturday, and I was crafting away, I needed to make a card for Petra, to go with the little treat box I was sending her (hope you have it now Petra!! Otherwise I have spoilt the surprise!!) My challenge at the moment is to start the year off emptying out my drawers of offcuts!! (which are rather full!!) So I have made the mini treat box from some largish scraps of Sarah DP (retired like 2 years ago??) and this card is made using the left over that I had from that! Petra (from Craft Factory) sent me some stamps last year, so I thought I'd make a card for her using one of them, use some scraps and knock off another Mojo Monday Sketch!! This is Mojo 107.

I am really happy with how it turned out, though I had several changes with the paper piecing, changing the ribbon, then the box, the flaps of the box.......and finally settled on this look. The kitten body and the base of the tail are glued and the head and tip of the tail are raised on foam tape to make him look like he is sitting out of the box.

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock and Inks - Bordering Blue, So Saffron. Papers - Sarah DP (retired). Accessories - Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon. Other - Blue Brads, Nestabilities, Bow Easy (Wow this is a cool tool!!) Grey watercolour Pencil.

Till Next Time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)