Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tracey's Tri Shutter Card


It was Tracey's birthday a couple weeks ago, I've been a bit slack and am only getting around to posting a few things now. I had a go a these Tri Shutter cards when I saw Kims post! I really liked hers, so ended up casing it, but changing it a tad! I dyed flowers from the Pretties kit, using my daubers!! so much fun, and it doesn't matter how light or dark you colour them, they will match your cardstock & papers because you have used the same toned ink!! I love how the flowers have turned out! With the butterflies, I have inked them in Baja Breeze, then dabbed the edges with a sponge dauber and Cameo Coral ink, then I have added a couple of clear Rhinestones to the body. This card has ended up a bit 'thick' because of the Build a Brads and the butterflies, but I wasn't posting it so it didn't matter!

I enjoyed making this card up and plan to make up a couple more 'flatter' ones for my collection!! It's a nice way to used up some old Designer Paper too!!

Till Next Time...

1 comments:

  1. Lovely tri-shutter card! Been meaning to do this, maybe I'll try in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)