Monday, July 27, 2009

50th Anniversary Card


Hi All!! I haven't been very productive of late (so sad) Is it just me or does everyone else seem to spend more time cleaning up their craft spaces than actually creating?? I try to create 'cleanly' but always seem to get in a mess!! (oh well). Anyway, my boss asked me to make a 50th Anniversary Card, the recipient is a bird watcher and earthy neutral tones would suit! I bought Touch of Nature when it hit the retired list! as I love it and this little bird is so cute. I have actually used my Creative Memories Cutting System for the shape and have used a paper from a HOTP paper pack. The bird is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White and coloured with blender pens and ink pads. I have sponged the background with a dauber in Sahara Sand. I still think it is a bit plain and needed another layer, somewhere! Not sure, though now that I have the set on my desk I think I will play some more! (after a little more tidying!!)

This next picture is the inside showing that it is a 50th Anniversary Card.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Caroline!
    I too seem to clean my craft area more then I create lol!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely elegant card Caroline! At present my craft area is the kitchen table in an old home while we get a new home built. Cant wait to have my very own craft room and it is a big room too!! No idea how to set it all out yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)