Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zoe's on the SCRAPheap!!

Well here I am again! I am really on a roll hey?  After our blast of UNconvention and the sketch  challenges we had, and then Lisa giving us some challenges on the SOS group this week, I have again ~ Scrapbooked!! (eek!!) I did have a go several years ago and completed one 2 page layout of Zoe's hospital baby photo! You know the one most people get sucked into buying!! (haha) Anyway, I really didn't get in to it much and continued with cards. But these sketches are getting me hooked!  I am playing with 8 x 8 pages, I find the larger 12 x 12 too hard and feel you have to try and fill the page, the albums I bought were the 21.5 x 28 cm size, but I am not too fussed on those anymore either, so I am going to play with a few more sketches, then invest in some nice 8 x 8 albums later on.  

I am really loving how these two pages turned out, I just kept it simple and to the sketch and am letting the beautiful face be the highlight!! Isn't she gorgeous???

The journalling reads...."These would have to be my two favourite photos of Zoe. The photographer at the Portrait Place at Myer wanted to try this 'silhouette shot' with her, saying that many children turn at the last second and you lose and eye or half the face, but this shot turned out perfectly and he was very impressed!!  So am I.  Taken October 1990 2 1/2 Years Old" 

A couple of years ago Zoe's nickname (or whatever you call it) on MSN was 'ZCB the Original and the Best since 1988' I loved it and it has stuck in my head, so I thought it fitting to title this Layout Miss ZCB.

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Stamp Sets - Headline Alphabet. Cardstock & Inks - River Rock, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, So Safrron & Very Vanilla. Accessories - Le Jardin DP, Scallop Edge Punch, Photo Corner Punch.

1 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,
    looking forward to catching up.
    I have just nominated your blog for an award, so please pop on over to mine when you have time to pick it up, then you can post it here for all to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)