Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Second Lot of Challenges

For these we had a Colour Challenge, Scrapbook Sketch and a Sketch Challenge.  I was at work on Sunday, so didn't get to even look at them until after our Awards Dinner!! So for the Scrapbook Sketch I scrapped the pics from the dinner!!
Ok so a little explanation about the dinner, we originally were supposed to get dressed up! But seeing this is 'Unconvention' we had to go unconventional!! So PJ's was the dress code!! I didn't seem to have anything suitable so while talking to my boss on Sunday morning, she mentioned that she had some made up in Bali, so her daughter Kristen came to the rescue (well they both did actually) and brought them in to work for me!! We had a Menu announced earlier, so we could prepare and have our 'staff' wait on us, there was even a letter to our family members outling what was expected of them during the course of our Special Dinner!! ha ha.  Anyway, I had Entree - Garlic Bread, Main - Gourmet Pizza and dessert was announced on the night - we had to make it ourselves from staple pantry items!! It was all Top Secret!! but I had an inkling of what it might be, so checked the cupboard and found we had no cocoa!! so made sure it was on the shopping list for Saturday. Sure enough, the Dessert was a Mudcake in a Mug, only take 5 mins to make and is so yummy!!! 
The night was filled with lots of chatting in the chatroom, a few Tia Maria's!! eating and Awards! I won a prize patrol earlier in the week and on the night won the award for the most email posts to the group!! haha, yep I am a chatterbox, just ask Anthony!! lol.  Anyway, on to my challenges.....
Here is the Sketch....
And here is my Page

Next up was the Sketch Challenge, I am not 100% content with this card, so will recreate it later with a bit more sponging and matting!! that'll make me happy.

Last up we had the Colour Challenge, the colours to use were - Old Olive, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Kraft and Very Vanilla.  Well I didn't have any Kraft, I have never purchased the colour as I have always thought it looked like a cereal box (from the pic in the catty anyway), but my opinion is changing now and I will order a pack in my next order.  I sent out a 'HELP' to the  group and someone came up with the idea of using the backing card from the Stampin Techniques Packaging, so that is what I did.  It (I think) is a bit darker than the Kraft Cardstock, but did the job.  Turns out I had Kraft Taffeta Ribbon on my stash too!! So I used some of that. I am actually really pleased with the way this one turned out too!!

So that was our second lot of challenges, we still have a couple more to go, which I will post later. I also have the Main Projects to complete and Post also. I have just realised that I haven't been posted the Material Used List, so whn things settle down I will pop back in a update these posts. Till tomorrow....Happy Stamping!!

Caroline


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)