Saturday, May 16, 2009

My First Backpack! Take 2!!!

Well it seems my first attempt at the BackPack failed miserably!!! While it looked ok!! and I was quite chuffed when I had finished it, I wasn't completely happy!!! and if Caroline isn't happy it's not good enough!! (lol). So, I had to make another one! My main 'beef' with the first one was that my Basic Grey Magnetic Snaps kept unsticking, so therefore weren't working in my opinion! and they  ripped the cardstock! I was getting VERY annoyed.  I tried new DS Tape, then Sticky Strip, then the Power Pritt Glue that was recommended!! and it still didn't work, the magnets are just too strong.  

So this time around my thinking was to put some paper between the magnets.  If you look carefully in the picture below you can see that I have made the 'flaps' double strength. I cut  the flap out of the template in Dp then cut another in the opposite direction so the birds are standing the right way! I ran it through my Xyron 510 and before sticking the two together, popped in the magnet.  Then when I needed to adhere the magnet to the base I let it attach to the 'hidden' one, placed sticky strip on the back and stuck it down. Now when opening the flaps, it still pulls a little, but they do come apart. Just need to be careful with lifting the flap so that it doesn't rip.

I would love to hear how anyone else has worked around the problem with these magnets!! They are supposed to be 'so great' but I am finding them rather painful!! But I will perservere.

With this one I have also used the Linen BG stamp to give a bit of texture to the backpack I wasn't 100% 'happy' with how plain the first one looked. I have also used my Build a Brad for the first time on the little card!!! So now, I am happy, again.  Till something goes wrong, again!!! So it is now this one that is destined for a certain little someone, who's birthday was a little while ago!! Happy Belated Birthday ..........?

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock & Inks - Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip.  Stamp Sets - On Your Birthday, Linen BG, Canvas BG. Accessories - Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Cirlce Punch, Cirlce Punches, Antique Brass Build A Brad, Good Morning Sunshine DP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)