Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Project & Card


Well, here it is! I was surfing away on Andrea Walford's Blog yesterday, and seeing I was so far behind and hadn't made anything for Nan and my MIL, I found this little tote and thought "I could use that idea"!! Anyway, Andrea used 3 little glass bottles of treats, where as I have used Ferrero Roche instead.  I found that the tote didn't stand up too well, so made 3 little tubes for them to sit in.  This idea came after I had thought just to make the Tote a bit thinner, so I did and it didn't work!! It still fell over.  LOL. So with the slightly thinner one I have actually stacked the Ferrero Roche on top of each other and tied them together with a bow.  This has worked a treat!! I have also added a cute 'Wish' Giftcard for them as well.  Seeing we don't haave the cute little Envelope die that they have in the US, and my Cricut envelope just didn't work right, I designed my own little Scalloped Envelope that fits a Giftcard perfectly and ~ it is scalloped!! with they Eyelet Border Punch. 

If you would like to have a go at these Totes, pop anlong to Andrea's blog and have a play.  The tubes were made by using a toilet roll as the template and then rolled just a little tighter and stuck together.  Note : Tissue tape doesn't hold it together so you will have to  use Sticky strip or some glue. 

Here is a close up of the evelope with the Giftcard

The Tote 'open'

And finally a close up of the Mother's day Card to match.

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock & Inks - So Safron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango. Stamp Sets - Occasional Greetings, A Happy Heart. DP - Haiku. Accessories - Eyelet Border Punch, Old Olive 1/4" & 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. I love your mothers day gifts and cards. Hope to catch up soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely gifts. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,
    Love your projects, clever idea using toilet rolls to hold the chocolates!
    A very pretty set!
    Love the colours you used too!

    Take care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kylie

    Though I thought I would just clarify that I used toilet rolls as a template, the actual rolls are cardstock and DP. (lol) But yes the first idea was to go get a roll and see if it made a difference, then made my own. Though you do need stick stip, or they will come apart.

    Catchya

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline,
    LOL, still a great idea, so clever!
    If I had to make the template from scratch, oh my what a mess I'll be in roflol!

    Thanks again for sharing!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)