Thursday, March 19, 2009

Three Little Baskets

Hello there all!! I was reading all the new posts that pop into my Google Reader the other day and up popped Alisa's and the gorgeous little Easter Basket. I am on her mailing list so would have received the instructions in April but I didn't want to (couldn't) wait that long so I backtracked to find the instructions on Monica Gales Blog. This then linked me back to the original person who made the baskets, Leslie Miller. I first made one up according to the instructions by Leslie and this made the small basket, then I made one using Monica's instructions and this made the Large Basket, I sort of wanted one in between, so multiplied all the measurements for the Large Basket by 0.75 and came up with the middle sized basket!! (It's a bit like the three bears!! haha) Now the Large Basket holds a 75gm egg (Malteser, M&M, Smarties) The Middle Basket holds a 55gm Smarties egg and the Little Basket holds 11 of the small Cadbury or Redtulip eggs. They are really cute. I made all three baskets out of one sheet of DP and used co-ordinating cardstock for the trim and the handles. Tomorrow I am going to make some up using the brown striped paper from the retired Loves Me DP set. Will put a pic of those up over the weekend. I am hoping to get a pile of Easter Treats made for the school Easter Raffle this weekend and will put some piccies up when I am done.

Till then! Take Care
Caroline

Oh! and guess what I noticed while making these baskets!!?? The Spring Fling DP and the Loves Me DP are the same!! Just a different colour scheme and a few slight changes here and there! but basically they are the same!! Go Figure!! (You probably all already know and I am the last one to realise!! haha but I thought I'd share anyway!!)

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Stamp Set - A Good Egg., Loads of Love. Cardstock and Inks - Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Whisper White. Accessories - Scallop Edge Punch, Circle Punches, Scallop circle Punch, Silver Brads, Spring Fling DP, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Silver cord

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo... I love the 3 different sizes! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline they are just perfect in every way, and what a cool idea for the different sizes eggs. Thank you for the heads up. Hugs M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, these are all too dang adorable! I love the way you did the trim and the tags. And the three different sizes -- how fun! Thank you for the link back. I'm so glad you enjoyed the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)