Saturday, March 21, 2009

For the Teachers


Now I don't think any of our Teachers check out my blog regularly! (But Mr Fuller, if you see this Shhhh! it's a secret!!) I came across a gorgeous basket the other night while searching Splitcoast for some samples using 'A Good Egg'. I thought it was cute, so followed the link and watched the video tutorial. Then was disappointed because we demonstrators in Australia do not have the Big Shot Dies etc. This morning I was up and thinking!!! and thinking!!! (that is why I suffer so many migraines I think, as I will see an idea and then it gets stuck in my head and bounces around like a squash ball in a squash court! lol) Anyway... I was wondering what I could use instead of the envelope die. I found a HOTP template that I had, but they were a bit too fancy, then I toddled back down to the bedroom/craft room and checked out my cricut Cartridges. Yippee I found something that could possibly work! I used the square envelope from the Beyond Birthdays Cartridge and cut it at 3 1/2 inches on the shadow setting! I had made one of the little baskets up using the same colour scheme as Alisa used on her basket, and decided to use the same theme on this larger 'hexagon basket'. I think it has turned out rather cute!! Here's a close up! This one is destined for the Staff Room!!

I had so much fun making that one I wanted to do another!! So here is one in 'Chooks' colours!! Orange and Green! (Though our Chooks colours are a bit brighter!!)


Aren't they spiffy?? They took alot of eggs!! They each hold a whole pack of the Cadbury Solid Eggs 325gm and a whole pack of Cadbury Selection 250gm. This made them a little heavy so I popped back down to the shops and picked up a couple of the Cadbury Milk Cartons (15eggs) and popped 6 of those in the bottom then topped them up with the smaller eggs. There are still heaps in the baskets to share, but at least now the bottom won't fall out! Oh and if you watch the video tutorial, Jacque cuts out a base for the bottom, I actually cut two and put one on the inside as well, to give a bit more strength.

Hope you like them!! Follow the links and give it a go!! They are easy and heaps of fun!!

Till next Time
Caroline
xx

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock & Inks - Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi & Pumpkin Pie. DP - Spring Break. Accessories - Scallop Edge & Scallop Circle Punches, Cirlce Punches, Old Olive Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Sticky Strip.

ETA : This morning I was looking at the practice one I made out of white cardstock and I trimmed the flaps diagonally from the edge of the first scallop back to the corner and it looks good, so I will trim the above baskets too!! I will try and get a new picture up.

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, You did a fabulous job on the basket and I am pleased to see that you were able to work out the pattern without the Big Shot! Thanks so much for sending the link.
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, You clever girl, love your baskets and what's in them lol!

    Take Care,
    Kyile XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)