Saturday, December 20, 2008

Teacher Gifts


I was running a bit late with getting my Teacher Gifts organised this year, but still wanted to make something special (I have a reputation to uphold!! hee hee). So I managed to put these together. The chocolate boxes were Kims yummy little boxes that hold the Cadbury Eight Moments Chocolates. I have used the (retired) Palette O Prints Designer Papers in Almost Amethyst and used Lovely Lilac Cardstock. The Stamp Sets used were Pick a Petal (whoops that was for christmas!! I shouldn't have used it yet!) and True Friend. A couple of flowers and a Rhinestone Brad from the Pretties Kit. I have stamped the petals onto the designer paper.
The boxes, I came across on ...Hmmm...can you hear the cogs?....Nope can't find it! and it's getting late. Anyway, I came across these cute boxes using acetate to make a clear box. So I had a play, I picked up some Clear Binder covers from Officeworks, made up a couple of boxes - like the bases in the 'box in a bags'. Used one for the base and one for the lid, for the green one with the Nut in it I made a slightly smaller box, only a couple of mm and put it inside so that the 'Nut' sits up so you can read the Message on it. Anyway, I scallopped the base and lid like with the bag in a boxes, stuck the acetate - which had been scored and bent to form the tube thing - in to the base, popped the lid on and tied it with a ribbon! (Hope that's not too cryptic!!) The 'Nut' I picked up from a little store at Garden City, they had heaps of Nuts (including me!!) It reads "Life is about dreams, a TEACHER makes them come true" they had one with another saying but I put that on the Notebook I made for Mr Fuller last year. I used up some left over dashing DP to decorate, and filled the Red one with Celebrations Chocolate Balls. I ws rather chuffed with them. Will have to think of something special for Mr Fuller next year as he will be finished with my two - after 3 years!! (Explanation - as he is the 4/5 teacher, he had Jayden last year for Yr 4, and has had both boys this year Jayden Yr 5 and Owen Year 4 and next year will have Owen for Yr 5!! confused?)
Well, as I said - it's late. we have our Chooks Christmas Breakky tomorrow morning so we need to be up and out by 6.30am, then I go to work after that, so a long day for me. I may not post before Christmas now so I wish everyone a safe and Happy Christmas!!
Love Caroline
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)