Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A 'New' Life and a New Teen!!

Well they do say that life begins at 40 hey?! This morning I sat down and made myself make a couple of cards! One of the ladies at work is turning 40 so we needed a nice card for her and one of my besties daughters has just turned 13!! So a special card was needed there also! I have been pretty 'brain dead' of late, what with headaches and my two boys being 'boys' and getting a bit fiesty! I'm worn out! But anyway, it was nice to sit and create today! I am in a Holiday Harmony mood, as I have been making up (casing) some some lovely Christmas Cards of Marelles (seeing I have been brain dead and am so far behind!! and her cards - and everyone elses - are just lovely!!) Anyway, I decided to continue with the Pomegranate/Artichoke colour scheme, pulled out Ye Old Cricut Machine and whipped up a 40th! then went with the fresh look of Summer Picnic for the 13th card. I must say I think they turned out quite nice! I have had the Summer Picnic paper sitting in my room for a while and have not had much of a play, but now that I have I think I may need to get another pack (or two).

So anyway, first up we have the 40th Card

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock & Inks - Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, River Rock (Ink). DP - Holiday Harmony. Ribbon - Purely Pomegranate Striped Grosgrain (with white stitching removed) Other - K&Co RubOns, Kaiser Rhinestones, Cricut Alphalicious Cartridge.

And the 13th Card


Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Cardstock & Ink - Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Old Olive. DP - Summer Picnic. Stamps - Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Always (small flower). Ribbon - Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain. Other - Rubons - Misc.
So there you go! todays creations. With a bit of luck I will get something made on Friday! So until then! Have a good week!
~*~ Caroline ~*~
~*~

1 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Caroline. Love how you used the cricut to make the numbers. I still have to come and play with that one day :)

    Have a great day.
    Lee-Anne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)