Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pomegrantate Satin Ribbon! Yum!!!


Hello there!! I have been having a play with my NEW (absolutely Gorgeous!!) Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon that I received last week!! Yummy or what!!?? The first card, is again, a paper tole. I bought some beautful 3D Mini Books from Sandy Jane Designs (for those who have asked where I get my 3D sheets from - this is the place!! 90% at least!!!) This cute little guy is from the Morehead Mini 3D Book. While cutting him out, the pomegranate ribbon came to mind as matching his ribbon on the hat!! and it is a near perfect match!! I love taking the colours out of the 3D image to choose my background colours as they nearly always end up being interesting colour combinations that I normally wouldn't put together. I am really pleased with this one, simple but nice. (oh and the strip across the middle looks a bit crooked but believe me is it straight - to the mm!! Some people call me a perfectionist!! I have no idea why!? *hee hee*)

Materials Used - Main Image - Morehead 3D Mini Book. Bazzill Cardstock - Twig, Cinnamon Stick, Mocha Divine. Stampin Up! - Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon. Rubons - Me & My Big Ideas - Love Sayings.

I then started playing with Kristen's Birthday Card Challenge, but with having a 'not so good' week last week 'ye olde brain cells' weren't working as they should!! I had to make a card with the Playboy Bunny on it. I found the pic on the internet, printed it up, cut it out, used my Heat 'n Stick Powder (for the first time!! - and definately not the last!! LOVE IT), then coated it in Dazzling Diamonds (again first time!!) The Playboy Bunny is usually black but sometimes pink, so not wanting to use a pinky pink I went with shades of Pink Bazzill Bling, and the pomegranate ribbon matched in perfectly. I wanted to put 'Happy Birthday' on the front but just couldn't seem to get anything to look right, so popped it on the inside instead!

Materials Used - Bazzill Bling - In the Pink, Diva, Black Tie & Diamond. Stampin Up! - Purely Pomegrate Satin Ribbon, Heat 'n Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds

1 comments:

  1. Nice card Caroline.
    Tahlia would also love it - her whole room has a Playboy theme. She has 2 pink walls and 2 black walls, black blinds, pink and black shelves and a pink and black playboy doona cover.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)