Monday, July 28, 2008

A Wedding Card by Request


I had a special request for a wedding card that featured a Rose and incorporated a 'Rose Vow' from the ceremony (which is a lovely idea). So this is what I came up with. Being a 'special' card for a very 'special' occassion needed a very 'special' embellishment!! And seeing I had just received my Pretties Kit!! it was a perfect opportunity to use the Hat Pins that I have been dying to play with!! The card features a 3D Paper Tole Rose, a bit of layering, a background stamp and 'The Hat Pin' I think the hardest thing about making up this card was positioning the wording from the Rose Vow around the border of the shimmer paper. (Took forever to get it just right!) Oh and a tip for printing on shimmer, so it doesn't bleed or smudge - print using the transperancy paper setting!, it prints a lot slower as it layers the ink on top of the paper. You need to leave it to dry for a bit, but it turns out heaps better than using the plain paper option! I haven't tried this setting for vellum yet, but I think it should have a similar effect.

(Please excuse the darkness of the photo! It has been so wet in Perth of late so i had to take it inside, but with shimmer paper I couldn't use a flash, so this is the best out of the (like 10!!) photos that I took.)

Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Handsome Hunter Cardstock & Ink, Pretties Kit, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, French Script BG Stamp (Retired). Reddy Creative Cards - White Rose 3D Image. Other - Stardream Paper - Quartz

One of my friends loved it!! So I have to make another one now!! I have also been working on some other little projects which I can't share quite yet!! but stay tuned....I will post them soon.

1 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work - all your creations are sooo beautiful!

    Debbie M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)