Sunday, July 27, 2008

Paper Tole Poppies


I am actually really pleased with the way this card turned out. Again I am using Paper Tole, (I love it!!) I generally start off with the main image and consult my Stampin Up! colour chart first. If I can't match the colours with the cardstock I then go to my Bazzill files, but this one worked perfectly with Stampin Up!. The patterned background is from the Palette o Prints Pack. I matted the main image easily but couldn't get the background to work, I sat there for ages playing with different colours, but kept going back to Olive, but it needed something on it as plain just didn't work, so off I trotted to consult the cupboard where all my stamps sets are and settled on the little butterfly background from Beyond Basics, which I stamped with versamark. I tried a square card, a normal sized card, then settled on a 12x17cm card. More white needed to be brought in (but not too much). Then BAMM! it hit, I used my corner punch for the cute scallops and then added the satin ribbon and the pearls!!
Materials Used - Stampin Up! - Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust Cardstock and Inks, Saffron DP Patterned Paper. Beyond Basics BG Stamp - Butterflies, Versmark. Kaiser - Pearls. Other - White Card & Mustard Satin Ribbon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)