Friday, June 13, 2008

A couple of CASEings and a Successful Tutorial!!

Hi there, what a lovely day it is in Perth today!! I have been finishing off some cards, so I thought I'd share.

I read a tutorial on Marelle's Blog the other day about getting good impressions from your bold stamps (go look, I will wait!!). When I made my Brodie Boy card, I got an uneven impression from my Headline Alphabet letters. So I followed her instructions and definately came up with better impressions!! I don't have the Grid Paper Pad, so I used an exercise book instead (you know the ones you rush down to get at Officeworks for 1¢ each!! I bought heaps!! I'd much rather the boys scribble on a 48 page 1¢ exercise book than a piece of photocopy paper that costs the same!! I still have 120 of them LOL). All in all I was pleased with the results. I also CASEd the cards that I made while following Marelle's tips from her blog also (again, go look, I will wait!!). You will need to scroll down through her SAB cards to find these. I used the same colour scheme for the first lot and then changed it for the next. When I finish here I am going to toddle off and make some girl ones I think!! I made 8 in total and 6 have already been allocated to certain birthdays coming up this month!! All males!!! How do I keep track of all these birthdays do you ask?? well I used an idea from Jayne Mercers Blog (Link below). It took a little while to put together, and I needed 2 business card holders, but it works!!
Anyway, on to the cards....



Materials Used
Stamp Set - Stampin' Up! Birthday Whimsy (SAB Retired), Crosshatch BG (Retired)
Cardstock - Stampin' Up! Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White.
Inks - Stampin' Up! - Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Accessories - Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery Wide & 1/4" Grosgain Ribbon, Mat Pack. Sizzlits Oval Dies




Materials Used
Stamp Set - Stampin' Up! Birthday Whimsy (SAB Retired), Crosshatch BG (Retired)
Cardstock - Stampin' Up! Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Very Vanilla.
Inks - Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard
Accessories - Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgain Ribbon, 1/4" Chocolate Grosgrain. Sizzlits Oval Dies

In case you are wondering....Yes! those wide ribbon bows took forever to get 'just right'. (lol)

Below we have the Birthday Reminder cards, take a trip to Jayne's Blog (teleport here!!). Note it is not a scribble on them, I was playing in my photo editing program and skewed the addresses! Like I mentioned before, it took a while to make them all up, and to choose just the right image to match the person!! Well actually making them up was fine, I set up a template in Publisher and just typed them all in, it was the stamping of the images and choosing the colours!! I am very fussy!! (If you hadn't already noticed!!)


Well that's it for today, I am off to make the 'girl' cards. Thankyou Marelle and Jayne (if you happen across my blog) for the wonderful inspiration and ideas I get from you both!!

If I get a chance I will post the others on the weekend!! Till then, enjoy your day!!

Luv Caroline

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)