Sunday, October 14, 2007

World Carmaking Day



Hi there Everyone!! well my WCMD event was a success!! It was really the first 'workshop' type event that I have done since becoming a Stampin Up! Demonstrator. I had 7 ladies attend plus me! and a few kids, the older ones made cards too (and very nice ones I might add!) We all had a ball. I put the 4 Simply Sent Kits on the table and said "Go for it!" I had already made up 20 samples (5 for each kit) for them to use as a guide. In all there were about 55 cards made. I gave them all a small incentive stamp each to take home with their cards, and all orders received a raffle ticket for every $20 spent!! The raffle was a collection of Cardmaking Supplies. If sales reached $300 I said that I would also raffle off the Hostess stamp set. Well, I was absolutely blown away when sales reached a staggering $1200!!!! Pretty good for a first workshop hey!!??

The two ladies in the first picture, Angie and Tracey, are my craft ladies! We have been making cards together one day a week for the last 2 - 3 years. Our craft meetings started off with me showing them how to do Tea Bag Folding, and our craft days and friendships grew from there!! Now I don't know where I would be without them!! They are now nearly as addicted to Stampin Up! as me!!

The second picture, Debbie, is a friend I met in Year 7 (not so many years ago - ha ha) who has been cardmaking for a while, we don't catch up as often as I would like so it was lovely to have her come down and join in the Fun!! I think she may have caught the Stampin Up! bug too!!

Finally Brenda!! she thought that she would be the one that just sat there and chatted to everyone, well, she ended up making four cards and had a ball! She was so pleased with what she made and it felt so lovely to have given her that feeling of accomplishment!! Now she can't wait for her order to come in so she can continue to 'play'!!

So all in all it was a fun and very successful day!! I am now thinking about what I can do bigger and better to celebrate WCMD 2008!!

Well it's late. Must toddle off. Will try to have cards to load soon.

Caroline




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!
Please say Hi :-)